Sunday, June 28, 2009

I made soap today :)

I am really, really happy because I was able to make my very first batch of soap today!! My sister in law assisted me in the process, reading out loud the instructions as I was mixing and pouring. It was a simple recipe, without colors or scents, but that's ok... I had to keep it simple. I will try the hand mill procedure later on with this same batch, so I have to do some more research on the subject. I have a week or so until the soap dries out, leaving me some good space to place my orders.

I am just surprised on how relatively easy it was. Yes, I had to make sure my measurements were right, but other than that, it wasn't complicated at all. Even the lye, which was my main concern, wasn't a big deal. I just had to be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment